All basics of API MANAGEMENT
What is API MANAGEMENT?
API management is the process of designing, publishing, documenting, and analyzing APIs in a secure environment. API management solutions help organizations ensure that both the public and internal APIs they create are available and secure. The API management solutions on the market can offer a variety of functions. However, most API management solutions allow users to perform the following tasks: Records descriptions, usage restrictions, runtime capabilities, and other relevant information.
- API Gateway – The API management solution also acts as an API gateway, acting as a gatekeeper for all APIs by enforcing relevant API security policies and requirements, as well as ensuring authorization and security.
- API Storage – API management solutions provide users with the ability to persist APIs in storage or catalog and make them available to internal and/or external stakeholders. This API “store” acts as a marketplace for APIs, allowing users to subscribe to APIs and receive user and community support.
- API Analytics – API Management allows users to monitor API usage, load, transaction logs, historical data, and other metrics that better inform the status as well as the success of available APIs.
Benefits of API MANAGEMENT
API enables enterprises to design, build, and manage integrations and APIs so they can modernize legacy apps, move to the cloud, build new products, integrate with Salesforce and SAP, and more. API includes Management Centre, an API management solution, with the following features:
- An API “store” for storing and sharing reusable assets such as APIs, connectors, templates, etc., publicly or privately within your organization.
- Management center – A single unified API management web interface that allows a user to manage all aspects of his Any point Platform on-premises and in the cloud. Manage API users, traffic, SLAs, underlying integration flows, and more.
- Mule Runtime – Anypoint Platform’s runtime engine. Combine real-time application integration and orchestration with robust data integration capabilities. The Mule runtime can be deployed as an on-premises integration engine, hybrid iPaaS, or API gateway.
- Anypoint Connectors – These connectors provide high-speed connectivity to endpoints or dynamic connectivity to API specifications.
- Runtime Services – This suite helps provide enterprise-grade security, scalability, reliability, and high availability.
To know more about what and how exactly does phygitall supports API experts click here and register for API management for business 2.0 online summit.